Credits: 1 AIA LU/Elective; 1 AIBD P-CE; 0.1 ICC CEU; 0.1 IACET CEU
May qualify for learning hours through most Canadian architectural associations
Ready to start mastering fees and better understand what they mean for your bottom line? To do so, let’s start at the very beginning—when you receive a request for a proposal. In this course, you will learn how to define your project scope, develop a Rough Order of Magnitude of construction cost, and estimate your project hours. We’ll finish off with how fees are broken down and explore a simple system to improve your overall project profitability.
- Identify the correlation between project scope, estimated cost of project, and fee.
- Develop a Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) of construction cost in a simple way.
- Create a top-down approach to fee estimation based on a percentage of costs as a guideline.
- Estimate fees whether hourly or fixed fee projects.
- Define how many hours you have in each phase and how to manage those hours.